Friday, February 15, 2008

Great Backyard Bird Count Starts Today!

The 11th annual Great Backyard Bird Count starts today! It runs from February 15th through February 18th. To learn more and submit your checklist, please visit: http://www.birdsource.org/gbbc/ . Last year Michigan was one of the top ten states to submit the most checklists. I received a beautiful certificate which I framed. We're heading up north to Gaylord today to check on the progress of our log cabin, so I will be counting from there. I already have suet cakes and bird feeders set up with black sunflower seeds. Last weekend we had quite a few Black-capped Chickadees flying about so I expect more of the same this weekend. My mom is hoping she gets a better variety than her usual "10,000 sparrows." I bought her a heated bird bath this year so hopefully that acts as a good attractant.

No comments: