Monday, May 12, 2008

Bird pictures from the log cabin

Saturday morning brought me such a wide variety of visitors. These were all taken at our log cabin in northern Michigan. I just love waking up in the morning, hearing all the different birds and getting ready for them to make their appearance. Being by the lake just seems to bring me the best birds....it makes me never want to leave.












Female red-winged blackbird?

















The Blue jay reminding me I need to pick up leftover construction litter around the cabin!

5 comments:

Craig said...

Nice shots! The second bird is definitely a female RWBlackbird.

Craig

The Birdlady said...

Very nice. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Great stuff. Loved the color in the first and last but the middle was my fav.

sandy said...

Great shots. Did ya get that litter picked up!!

s

Texas Travelers said...

Nice photo of the American Goldfinch. Take good care of him and send him on his way this next winter. Tell him his thistle feeder is cleaned, stocked, and waiting.

They were eating a large bag a week of thistle, in preparation for migration, right before they left.

I like the layout of your blog.

Troy and Martha