Saturday, July 5, 2008

Common Loon Taking Off

I am going to forewarn you, I took about 200 Loon photos this past week. (These were the pair of Loons and their babies that I'm watching over as a Loon Ranger.) I spent several hours Thursday morning following them at a distance and snapping as many photos as possible. This and probably next week will be LOON WEEK for my blog. I can't wait to show you the babies. Here's a photo of the male Loon taking off from Big Bradford Lake in Gaylord. They run across the water to pick up speed and then they are able to take off and fly. It was amazing to witness!


8 comments:

Christy said...

Very nice shot. Looking forward to seeing your many loon pics.

kjpweb said...

That's beautiful - the wings touching the water - the pose! Great!!! Cheers, Klaus

Coy Hill said...

Love those loons! I can't wait to see the babies!

Jessica said...

More...More...More!!!

Shelley said...

Christy - thank you - can't wait to share!

KJ -They are just beautiful when flying across the lake!

Salty - glad to find another loon lover!

Jessica - they are coming! :-)

The Birdlady said...

"Loon Ranger?" I had a good laugh - and I can hardly wait to see your babies!!

NCmountainwoman said...

You can never give us too many Loon shots. We're really looking forward to the rest of them.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME! Great action shot! I love how his feathers touch the water and the serious look on his face! I love loons so bring it on!!!
:)