Monday, September 1, 2008

Update on my baby Loons!

I'm still up north at the cabin but had to do a quick post this afternoon to show you one of the Loon babies I found this morning. Can you believe how big he's gotten? (Check back on my earlier loon posts to compare.) I will be back tonight and will catch up with all my nature blogging friends. Hope you had a great labor day weekend!

P.S. Jessica at Five Pines has a Toledo bird book for any interested persons in that area. Be sure to check out her blog (her Five Pines link is in my sidebar.)

8 comments:

sandy said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! You get an
A+. Bet you are having a great weekend.

Gardener's Garden said...

Shelly I really envy you for the experience of being able to see and hear these beautiful loons.

Jessica said...

Thanks Shelley!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

What a lovely photo! I'm not sure I'd recognize it as a loon. I've never gotten such a nice look at one.

Home safe.

kjpweb said...

Sure is grown up a lot! Well done!
Cheers, Klaus

The Birdlady said...

He's gorgeous!

Shelley said...

Sandy - oh thank you so much! (The weekend was wonderful!)

Gardener - I wish everyone could hear their "call of the wild" music on the lake!

Jessica - you're welcome!

Lynne - he's still a juvenile - I believe next year he will have his full loon colors!

KJ - my babies are all grown up - I do feel teary about it! :-)

Birdlady - I was telling him from my kayak how beautiful he was!

Leedra said...

Sure has grown, and beautifully too!