Monday, September 1, 2008

Update on my baby Loons!

I'm still up north at the cabin but had to do a quick post this afternoon to show you one of the Loon babies I found this morning. Can you believe how big he's gotten? (Check back on my earlier loon posts to compare.) I will be back tonight and will catch up with all my nature blogging friends. Hope you had a great labor day weekend!

P.S. Jessica at Five Pines has a Toledo bird book for any interested persons in that area. Be sure to check out her blog (her Five Pines link is in my sidebar.)


Sandy said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! You get an
A+. Bet you are having a great weekend.

Gardener's Garden said...

Shelly I really envy you for the experience of being able to see and hear these beautiful loons.

Jessica said...

Thanks Shelley!

Lynne said...

What a lovely photo! I'm not sure I'd recognize it as a loon. I've never gotten such a nice look at one.

Home safe.

kjpweb said...

Sure is grown up a lot! Well done!
Cheers, Klaus

The Birdlady said...

He's gorgeous!

Shellmo said...

Sandy - oh thank you so much! (The weekend was wonderful!)

Gardener - I wish everyone could hear their "call of the wild" music on the lake!

Jessica - you're welcome!

Lynne - he's still a juvenile - I believe next year he will have his full loon colors!

KJ - my babies are all grown up - I do feel teary about it! :-)

Birdlady - I was telling him from my kayak how beautiful he was!

Leedra said...

Sure has grown, and beautifully too!